🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for Artists to help finish my indie game

Started by
1 comment, last by Giulkau 3 years, 2 months ago

I have been working on my 2D indie game for a few months now. It's a social deduction game built in Unity for Android, possibly Steam and IOS as well. I have worked on different, successful, smaller projects in the past, but this is my first real game. While heavily inspired by other titles such as Among Us, it is not a direct rip-off, as the rules, art style, and gameplay loop differ quite a lot.

I have already wrote most of the code for it, the general gameplay mechanics, the chat, lobby/room listing, etc. , as well as designing the overall map structure, the base for each room, half of the characters and part of the UI. But there is still A LOT to work on and I feel like I could easily use the help of other artists/designers and make a decent profit.

I am looking for 1-3 amateur/professional artists that can do some the following:

• Design and animate unique pixel art characters.
  • Create different environmental sprites/props, some of which animated.
  • Design and create UI elements.
  • Create general concept art and wallpapers (i.e. for the game's main menu screen).

Optionally help with ideas and concepts and offer constructive criticism.

The art style can vary a bit, so far I'd describe it as modern, simple, cyberpunk, but I'm trying to keep each character and room unique, so it is open to interpretation.

The theme, gameplay and rules are inspired by a few concepts in the TV show Lucifer.

The characters are drawn on 100x80 px canvases, but some of the other assets, especially the ones used for the UI and tasks are made on a larger pixel count.

In case it isn't clear, this is an unpaid job, but we will share the profit. I will be open and clear to anyone who wants to help me.

Contact me if you are interested, or if you want more info, incl. examples of assets and some early gameplay footage.

Advertisement

Hi, don't know if you actually need one but I'm a composer and sound designer! If need one I'd be glad to lend a hand!

None

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement