🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Help with isometric tiles being incorrectly positioned

Started by
1 comment, last by Alberth 3 years, 10 months ago

Hello,

I was hoping one of you experts could help with this problem. I have bought a lot of tiles from these guys who does incredible work. I think he's been very busy because he hasn't got back to me in a few weeks. I'm wondering how I could correctly and 100% accurately line these up because I have this problem with SO many of them. But they are such great quality I don't mind doing it.

So I'm hoping there is some type of formula I can use to correctly alter how these lineups. Thanks, oh and they are 64x64 individual tiles.

PS: I have tried to move them myself, but they just still look off so I'm sure someone knows a formula (I use that lightly) to edit these correctly.

Advertisement

I think your best bet is to write a program (or several programs) that finds a specific spot in the graphics, and then compute the offset needed to get that spot at a known coordinate.

I would probably do such things in Python using PIL (the pillow package). Speed is not relevant so just write stupid but correct search code for a particular pixel. Python doesn't need compiling (it does it automagically just before running), and is very light, making it ideal for experimenting and one-time-use code. Pillow can load images giving you direct access to pixels.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement